2. Trim the steak of excess fat. Strips of fat should only be 1/4 inch thick.
3. Season to your liking. Some fresh cracked pepper, garlic powder, whatever you like.
4. Preheat gas grill on high.
5. Oil the meat. Oil on the grate will burn off so brush a light coat of oil on the steak.
6. Place steak on grill and close the lid for one minute.
7. Lift lid and turn steak over. Close lid and continue grilling for another minute.
8. Turn again and continue for 2 plus 1 minute per 1/2 inch (1 1/2 inch equals 3 minutes). These times are, of course, estimates. Depending on your grill and other conditions it might take less or more time. This is where experience comes into play.
9. Turn for the fourth time and continue grilling for 2 plus 1 minute per 1/2 inch.
10. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer.
11. Let steak rest for 5 minutes before carving or serving.
Tip: Letting the steak rest before you eat it is an important trick. This allows the juices to seep throughout the meat and gives you a much more flavorful steak.
Arizona backyard kitchens continue to be a mainstay in landscape designs throughout the Phoenix area. Once only found in the most upscale backyards in Arizona, backyard kitchens are now considered an esstential element for anyone wanting to create a year round outdoor living space. Futhermore, a custom built
backyard kitchen will not only add beauty and functionality to your backyard
landscape but will also add value to your home. An Arizona backyard kitchen ranks among the highest priorities for resale homebuyers.
Arizona Outdoor Kitchen by Dream Retreats
There are a number of options for construction materials and methods as well as equipment and accessories, so I have boiled it down to the best construction choices and most esstential elements when considering building a outdoor backyard kitchen.
First and foremost, I recommend having your outdoor kitchen custom
built, onsite, using masonry material and construction methods. Although
there are a number of bbq stores out there offering pre- built bbq units
made from galvanized 2”x4”’s and pressboard nothing can match the quality and feel, not to mention the customization options possible with masonry
construction. In addition the myth of portability of the pre built units (meaning you can take it with you if you move) is just that, a myth, unless you want to rent a crane! There are endless options for finishing materials from natural stone veneer to granite tile countertops. Perhaps the best thing about a custom built masonry backyard kitchen is it will last a lifetime and cost no more than the prebuilt unit that can start falling apart after a few years of Arizona sun, heat and monsoons.
Arizona Backyard Kitchen by Dream Retreats
When it comes to equipment stainless steel is king in the Phoenix area. Two of the finest bbq units available in Arizona are the lines from Fire Magic and American Outdoor Grill. They are 100% made in America, come with great warranties and have local service people if anything goes wrong (although I haven’t had one bad unit or any complaints in the past 12 years) Beyond the bbq the options are endless from side burners to bartending units you can customize your Arizona backyard kitchen to meet your lifestyle and budget.
Grilling Time is just around the corner here in Arizona. Take a look at some of these outragious BBQ for “Real Men”. When you’re ready to add one of these or any other outdoor bbq grills and kitchen, give the East Valleys premier landscape contractor a call for a free quote. Until then, enjoy the Top Ten BBQ Grills.